The last Council meeting for this term was held on Tuesday night (3 September), and with 764 pages of reports to wade through, it was a long meeting that finished after midnight.
I was particularly pleased to support items that covered;
· Disability access on our River,
· The proposed change of use to allow Perth BBQ School to open up in our Town Centre,
· Proposed amendments to our Town Planning Scheme to see development of the corner of Guildford Road and Third Avenue in order to allow development of a high quality residential Aged Care facility whilst also retaining the heritage features that exist on the site,
· Funding for the 2019 Maylands Street Festival (Sunday 10 November),
· Preparation of a green roofs and walls policy for developers.
The Council enters Caretaker period on Thursday 12 September and during this time it is business as usual for the City of Bayswater. Councillors are restricted from City media, City events, and decision making during Caretaker period.
The next Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 29 October, after the election on Saturday 19 October.
I will be seeking re-election for the South Ward seat, and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support over the last 4 years. As a long-time member of the MRRA, I know that we have created positive change for our community, and passionately advocated on many issues over the years.
Regardless of what the election brings, I will always be here for our community.